Thursday 18 December 2014

Let it snow!

Good evening everyone!

This is my entry to the Less is more #202 - Snow
and to the Card Concept #25 - Silent Night.

This is my entry to the CASE this Sketch #103
and to the Merry Monday Christmas Card #139 - Winter Wonderland.

This card got Honorable Mention at CASE this Sketch.
I am back from our vacation to the beautiful city of Oxford, UK. It was very lovely to see the sun really shining again. Well, during those two weeks I had tons of time to gather some ideas and luckily, four of the challenges that I usually enter my cards had a theme that fitted into my ideas. 

In both of the cards the image stamps used are all from Purple Onion Designs and I coloured images with Derwent Coloursoft pencils and Inktense Pencils. I added some snow with two different kind of embossing powders: Opaque White by Zing and White Twinkle by WOW. 

For the second one I wanted to add some colour and I used the sketch from the CASE this Sketch. The owl is made the same way as in the one layer card but I was lazy and didn't want to create a mask so I stamped the owl to a watercolour paper and coloured it with Inktense Pencils and fussy cut it out and glued it to panel after I had made the background. For the background I inked the night sky with Distress Inks: Spun Sugar, Picked Raspberry and Chipped Saffphire and Memento Lulu Lavender.

Here are the closeups for the snow with that White Twinkle embossing powder. In real life it really is pretty and shiny. It was quite hard to photograph.

 

Challenge:
The card Concept #25: Silent Night Neutrals - Clean and Simple. 
Merry Monday Christmas Card: Winter Wonderland
Less is More #202: One Layer and Snow

And here are the challenges' graphics:



Thank you for stopping by today, hopefully you like what I have come up with. And thank you for those who has given me such kind comments during last two weeks. I do appreciate them very much. Thank you. 

Hopefully you are having a wonderful day!

Marika

28 comments:

  1. This is one really cool (pun intended) owl, Marika! Love the white on white and the sponging to highlight him! Thanks for sharing this with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  2. FABulous card...simply fabulous! I love your shading and your adorable image. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh these are both stunning cards! I LOVE your coloring and inking. I was wondering how you did the snow? Is it a stamp or Versmark pen? These cards are simply beautiful! I too absolutely love Stacey Yacula"s stamps:)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Jamie for you comment and questions, I forgot to mention that it is a border stamp by Wplus9. I stamped it twice with versamark and then added the white twinkle embossing powder. I also did the falling snow the last. Since there was already melted EP on the branches, the snowflakes didn't stamp evenly but I kinda liked the outcome. Merry Christmas, Jamie!

      Delete
  4. So glad you're back Marika! I missed your beautiful cards!
    These are no exception! I just love them both! Your inking skills are incredible and your attention to small detail makes every design a stunner!
    Thanks so much for joining us at CAS(E) this sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are the most adorable cards! I just love the scene you've created and your sponging is amazing. Thanks so much for playing along with my challenge at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marika these cards are amazing! I always love your cards! They are so great!
    I wish you and your family a Merry Christmas!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Welcome back, Marika. I'm so glad to see new crations on your blog. Both of your cards are awesome! The owl on the lamp post looks so cute and funny. And the inked backround as well as the glittery snow are just fabulous.

    ReplyDelete
  8. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  9. A winner if ever I saw one Marika! LOVE that awesome blending, making the light positively shine! Hazel x

    ReplyDelete
  10. Gorgeous cards, both! Your designs and coloring are perfect with these darling images. Love, love that snow, too.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful image, shading and I really love your snowflakes. Newest follower here!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Absolutely gorgeous Marika!!!! Love the way you ink!!!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Oh, these are fantastic! Super take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Super cutie and beautiful layout and inking.
    Superb cards and thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  15. These are cute Marika. Carol x

    ReplyDelete
  16. Love this technique and such an adorable image!! Thanks so much for playing with us at Merry Monday this week!

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is such a cute little owl... beautiful cards!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  18. LOVE seeing that owl from Purple Onion:)
    The snow makes your cards magical!
    Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wonderful take on the sketch! I love how the scene continues seamlessly!
    Thanks for linking up your card to CASE this Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Glad you enjoyed your break, you were just a few miles up the road from me!
    Two stunning cards
    Thank you so much for joining us this week at LIM
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  21. Your cards are magical; love the light and the snow!

    ReplyDelete
  22. WOW!! These are absolutely stunning!! I love how you used the same image but each card is so unique!! Fabulous design!!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Hei enhän muistanutkaan vielä kommentoida vaikka postaus tulikin tsekattua! Tuo ideasi toisen kortin layoutin kanssa on ihan huippu, voittaja-ainesta! Saisit myös opettaa mut ottamaan lähikuvia glitteröinneistä. :) Hienot kortit.

    ReplyDelete
  24. Wow! All of your cards are amazing! The blending is just beautiful! So glad you joined us at the Card Concept! :)

    ReplyDelete
  25. Love the little scene you created, your images and your sponging is awesome. Thanks for playing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete