Monday 19 January 2015

Less is More #207 and Paper Players Challenge #228

Hi Everyone!


This is my entry to the Less is More #207
and to the Paper Players Challenge #228.

This card was showcased at Less is More.

A friend of mine, Nonni from Runaway Cards gave me this floral stamp for Christmas. It is by STAMPlorations called Tulips. By the way, Nonni is very talented crafter, I encourage you to visit her blog for endless inspiration. She happens to my friend also outside of blogland - in real life - you know! We met here and started talking since we are both from Finland and after a few emails we noticed that we live in the same town - how funny is that? I am just glad that we met, she is a wonderful person! 

Another friend of mine, this time here in blogland - Karren from Stamping Stuff is Guest Designing for The Paper Players Challenge blog for this spring. I have not met her in real life - we happen to live on the other sides of the globe, but I have been lucky enough to have her as my friend here in blogland. She always encourages me and she always sees good and positive things in my creations. Thank you Karren! And above all, she makes cards which are very cleverly designed, beautifully coloured and she can do it almost in every style there is! 

When I saw the latest challenge at Less is More #207 - the theme there is Friends. I wanted to combine in this card the stamp from Nonni and take part in Karren's challenge at the Paper Players. And that is how my card came together.

I started with stamping the tulips with Antique Linen Distress Ink. After that I stamped the sentiment Halftone Hello by Altenew with Versafine Vintage Sepia and heat embossed it with Clear Embossing Powder. I watercoloured the tulips - I tried to be loose and get more watercolored look. I need to practise a bit more. Then I inked up the frame with Fried Brick and Gathered Twings Distress ink and put the card together.

I will enter this into these challenges:
The Paper Players Challenge #228 - Use your sentiment as your focal point

Here are the challenges' graphics:



Thanks for visiting and have a wonderful day!

Marika

31 comments:

  1. I must say I've never seen that stamp (STAMPlorations Tulips) look so good!!
    Your card just SINGS Spring!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Loving your vibrant tulips, great card !!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your card is stunning! The colors are so vibrant and beautiful. And your coloring skill is amazing... I hope you will make a video tutorial soon...
    I now, I would learn so much from you :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful card Marika, it's wonderful making friends in blogland but even better when you can meet up with them! Your watercoloured tulips are stunning, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love tulips so much and you have done an excellent job here with my favorite flower!
    Just LOVE your talent!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thank you so much for your sweet comments - I am honoured to call you my friend and I'm so pleased that you found a real life friend through your blog - this hobby is the best! And your card is the best as well - I'm always inspired and awed when I come visit your blog. Hugs.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful , I loved the watercolored tulips :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Totally awesome. Love those colours and stamping with the highlighted sentiment.
    Simply perfect.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    You might also like to link up at Uniko Studio where the challenge theme is Love & Friendship.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  9. Your stamping is gorgeous.The tulips are so vibrant, just a lovely card! Thanks for playing along at The Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautiful, Marika!!! Your tulips are stunning!! Love it!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Great card. I love tulips, and yours look like the picture. Real tulip field in full sun. He wants to admire them all the time.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  12. Stunning, stunning card!! I LOVE the way you stamped the tulips. So vibrant and springy. Really lovely design.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Such a vibrant and cheerful card! Lovely work.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fab stamping, love the spring colours of your tulips
    Thank you so much for sharing your card with us at Less is More
    Anne
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  15. Wow, these tulips look so lifelike....beautiful colors, and they are a perfect backdrop for your beautiful sentiment! Thanks for participating in my challenge this week at the Paper Players!

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card, the tulips are gorgeous!
    Karin

    ReplyDelete
  17. This is absolutely beautiful Marika! Love that stamp and the colours you used.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Oh my, this is so gorgeous! I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Marika this card just shouted spring - the tulip stamp is beautiful and I love the colours you've used, and a perfectly placed sentiment to boot! Thanks for joining us for our CAS sentiment challenge over at The Paper Players this week!

    ReplyDelete
  20. This is gorgeous, fabulous coloring :)

    ReplyDelete
  21. Such a beautiful card, love it! Tulips are one of my favourite flowers and that stamp is just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  22. I just LOVE your card! I wanted to let you know that I’ve chosen your creation as one of my Favorite Picks and linked back to your blog! Thanks so much for sharing your talent. Kathy at stampsatplay.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  23. Ihana kortti, nuo tulppaanit ovat niin kauniit!
    (Ja samaa mieltä, Nonni on ihana :) )

    ReplyDelete
  24. Your card is beautiful, Marika!! Congratulations on the shoutout your received from LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your card is beautiful, Marika!! Congratulations on the shoutout your received from LIM!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  26. I didn't see your card in the gallery before, Marika but it is absolutely stunning! Congrats on the shout out at LIM - well deserved :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. This a stunning card the colours just pop out at you ,and a well deserved winner on Lim,congratulations!x

    ReplyDelete
  28. This a stunning card the colours just pop out at you ,and a well deserved winner on Lim,congratulations!x

    ReplyDelete
  29. A well deserved showcase for this beauty!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete