Sunday 1 February 2015

Muse Challenge #102 and CASology #131

Good evening everyone!

This is my entry to the Muse #102- challenge.

This is my entry to the CASology #131- challenge.
My Godson turned two this month and her sister turned four. They had combined birthday party today and I wanted to make cards for them. 

I started with stamping the images from Purple Onion Designs onto a watercolour paper with black pigment ink. I coloured the images with Derwent Inktense pencils and cut them out. After that I created background by stamping the Purple Onion Designs backgrounds stamps with grey ink. I coloured them with Derwent coloursoft pencils. I added snow by going over some areas with Versamark pen and then adding either white or Clear Silver Highlight Embossing powder and heat set them. I inked the sky with Versacolour Sky Blue pigment ink. I die cut circles onto panels that will be my card front and stamped the sentiment from Avery Elle (Oh Happy Day) and Tiddly Inks (Happy Birthday). Then I put the cards together. For the final touch, I added Wink of Stella for the penguin's hat to add some shimmer.

I will enter these cards into these challenges:
Muse Card Challenge #102 - I was inspired by the die cut window and a critter on top of the front panel. 
CASology Card Challenge #131 - Birthday card. Maybe mine isn't traditional birthday card with balloons and cakes but I wanted to make something a bit different.

Here are the challenges' graphics:

Thanks for visiting! Hopefully you're having a great day! See you soon!

Marika

15 comments:

  1. love your coloring of the sweet images - very cute cards

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are both so beautiful, I just know they will love them!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh Marika! two more P.O. designs to fall in love with!! I've not gotten the background stamps either... just adorable! I'll bet the kids loved them...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marika, two amazing cards! I love those Purple Onion Design stamps, and your coloring is phenomenal! Thanks for joining us at CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love these two darling cards, Marika!!! Your colouring is great and I love the sweet bg scenes you've got in the circles!! These are really so beautiful, Marika, I love it a LOT and so will the two little recipients!!
    Have a great week!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your cards always make my heart melt Marika - they are both adorable:) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hello Marika - as always such beautiful cards!!! I really love them!!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Two very sweet cards, love your colouring.
    So pleased that you were inspired to join in at Muse this week. :)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Two of the cutest cards I've ever seen. Also, your coloring is outstanding. The bear looks so real!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Oh my goodness! How sweet are these card?! I love the scenes you've created in your cutout panels. Just adorable!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, I love those cards. They make me smile every time I see them. I just wish it had been my 2nd (or 4th) birthday. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  12. I love those POD critters and you have shown them off with stunning effect on both of your cards! Thanks for playing along with CASology this week!

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love what you've done with these adorable images. Awesome cards, Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Love the way you made the little guy floating with the umbrella. Your items that you got from Lawn Fawn are my favorite. Mny wonderful new dies and stamps.

    ReplyDelete