Monday 16 February 2015

CAS(E) this Sketch #110 and Seize the Birthday

Good Afternoon!


This is my entry to the
Seize the Birthday Card Challenge.

This is my entry to the
CAS(E) this Sketch #110- Challenge.

This card was a Winner at the CTS.
Inspiration for both of these cards comes from this week's CAS(E) this Sketch.  When I saw Leigh's sketch I immediately saw Clouds! I used the sketch for both. For the Balloon I was also inspired by Dawn's way to colour it like old storybook way. Here is Dawn's tutorial for that colouring method. I tried to leave those hard edges for to get the look but... well I will try this again for sure.

I stamped the balloon from Lawn Fawn onto a watercolour paper with Black Soot Distress Ink - I used third generation stamping. Then I watercolored the image with Kuratake Gamsai Tambi watercolour set. I stamped the sentiment - says Congratulations in Finnish and added a few sequins.

For the second card, I stamped the critter and the umbrella from Mama Elephant onto a watercolour paper with Antique Linen Distress ink and coloured it with Derwent Inktense Pencils. I cut them out. Then I diecut a cloud stencil with one of dies and added Faded Jeans DI and Blue Skye Versacolour ink with my ink blending tool. I adhered the critter and the umbrella with foam tape and liquid glue. I stamped the sentiment and added a few sequins to get some interest. 

Edit: I filmed this while making it but edited it a week later. If you want to see how I made this, please head over to my youtube channel:


I will link these cards into these challenges:
CAS(E) this Sketch #110 - the sketch (I was actually able to follow the sketch this time! Very proud of myself! LOL! In case you are new to my blog, I usually never am able to do that, I have to add or leave something out for some odd reason) 
Seize the Birthday Anything Goes - A birthday card for a boy

Here are the Challenges' Graphics:



Thank you for stopping by today! Always pleased to here what you think. Have a great day!

Marika

21 comments:

  1. Amazing cards, Marika! I love the colors you used. And your coloring and the design are again stunning.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ihanat kortit, upea väritys molemmissa!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Gorgeous water-coloring! and those clouds are fantastic... really looks dimensional, Marika. Wow... you've followed the sketch perfectly!! thanks for playing cards with us at CTS!!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow!!!!! Both of your cards are truly amazing !love the watercolor and the one with clouds.....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You make me wish I was in that hot air balloon Marika!
    ... and those clouds, feel like reaching out to touch it!
    Beautiful cards as always... so glad you are sharing this with us at Case this sketch and Seize the birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Both cards are fabulous! The water colouring is amazing and I love the added sequins. Thanks so much for joining us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  7. More gorgeous watercolouring and beautiful cloudy skies! Love both cards - they have such a magical feel to them :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. They both are absolutely amazing!!! They are so realistic!!! I am so impressed!!! So glad you joined us at Seize the Birthday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Both of these are stunning, Marika!!! I love the beautiful clouds and your balloon and the umbrella looks great!!! Both winners in my books!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hi. I love your cards and your coloring techniques. I also love how you shade the background, amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh, these are both fabulous! I love your background inking! Super sweet takes on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wowzers! Absolutely stunning. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Amazing clouds and gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Fabulous card! Coloring, image and layout are fantastic. I love this card!

    My Card Site: Creative Heart Designs

    ReplyDelete
  15. Congrats on your win, Marika! So well-deserved.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Awesome cards Marika and well done on the Case this sketch win very much deserved :)
    Kate xx

    ReplyDelete
  17. Beautiful cards!!! Congrats on the well deserved win at Case This Sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow, love it!! Congrats on your win!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. WoW both of your cards are awesome but I adore your card for case this sketch congrats on your win you deserve it big time.

    ReplyDelete
  20. Your cards are absolutely beautiful! Congratulations !!

    ReplyDelete