Thursday 10 September 2015

Miss You Lots with Inktense Pencils

Hello crafters,

I was kindly ask to Guest Design at the Time Out Challenges #39 where the theme is Make your Mark. The challenge is still going on for about a week and I did another card for your inspiration. 

I've purchased this adorable little girl called Miss you Lots by Wplus9. I just haven't had time to colour it until now. While I bought these I thought that they would make a perfect gift for my Goddaughters and this is my first one (of quite a many) and it'll be for my niece. Hopefully she likes it when she receives it. It would be super neat if Dawn would use her magical drawing skills and make a set of stamps like this but little boys in them... What would you think? 



I took a close up since those frames were the only ones that I could find while taking a photo... AND they are HUGE!!. I used no-line colouring technique with Inktense Pencils. For the trees on the background I used a stamp from Coming up Roses and did a bit of watercolour stamping. I very much like how this turned out, in particular I like how the dress turned out. (Many many MANY layers of Inktense pencils...) Lol! And I had a blast colouring! 

Supplies:
Stamps: Miss You Lots and Coming up Roses by Wplus9
Inks: Memento Desert Sand. Peeled Paint, Shabby Shutters and Gathered Twigs Distress Inks.
Paper: Daler & Rowney Simply... Watercolour paper 190mgs/90lb, medium grain textured surface

Derwent Inktense Pencils: 
Dress: Sicilian Yellow (0220), Cadmiun Orange (0250), Baked Earth (1800) 
Boots: Sicilian Yellow (0220), Spring Green (1550), Light Olive (1540), Sepia Ink (2010) Hair: Tan (1720), Amber (1710), Saddle Brown (1740), Willow (1900) 
Skin: Willow (1900) 
Petticoat: Sepia Ink (2010)
Kitty and stones: Chinese Ink (2030)
Sky: Iris Blue (0900)
Lake: Iron Blue (0840)
Lakeshore: Tan (1720), Saddle Brown (1740), Willow (1900)
Grass: Spring Green (1550), Light Olive (1540)

Thank you so much for stopping by today! Enjoy your day!

Marika



23 comments:

  1. My word, this is beautiful. So so beautiful! Inktense pencils are the best! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh gosh, Marion took my comment! Absolutely, positively breathtakingly stunning! Your talents are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Unbelievable coloring. The dress, the boots, the water, the tree trunks. The sweet liite scene. Girl, you are a marvel and a master of coloring. Incidentally, I think you should contact Dawn of Wplus9 about the boy stamp. It's a great idea.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marika, This card definitely shows your artistic ability. It is lovely and yes a little boy stamp would compliment this adorable little girl. Beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you, Harriet. Hopefully Dawn makes one of those. :)

      Delete
  5. This is such a cute and pretty image and the background trees and the seashore look just perfect. Your colouring as usual is superb Marika. x

    ReplyDelete
  6. Marika, I'm blown away by the beauty of this card, you are simply amazing!!! I absolutely love every single detail of this image, the sweet face of this little girl is a masterpiece of coloring, I would love to see a video of how you created this stunning card.
    Thank you so much for sharing.
    Hugs,
    Maria Rodriguez.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I think you have a very good idea, Marika, about the boys! My favorite bit are her boots! You are so good at this ... I'm so drawn to trying these pencils ... what do you think? Inktense or Prisma for a beginner?
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  8. What an absolutely beautiful piece Marika! Love how you made it look like a painted piece by using the no-line stamping technique!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another beautifyl card! Love the sweet colouring! Thank you for being Guest Designer at TIME OUT!

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is awesome, Marika! Your coloring is perfection and the scene you've created is so perfect for this little sweetie!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Nicely done! Yes, I agree, Dawn needs to draw some sweet little boys to go with the girls:)

    ReplyDelete
  12. What a STUNNING card!! It's fantastic - you can't tell there were even stamps involved! The scene and your colouring are amazing :)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I am in awe of your coloring skills. This could be on the wall as a piece of art. So adorable, and yes--you need a little boy. Tell Dawn to get right on that! Thanks so much for being such an awesome Guest Designer for us at Time Out.

    ReplyDelete
  14. Beautiful! A real work of art, Marika.

    ReplyDelete
  15. I'm glad you framed this, Marika, because it is truly a work of art.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning, Marika ... you have such awesome colouring skills ... what a wonderful piece of art! So delighted to have you guest designing with us at Time Out! Anita :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Absolutely amazing! - your water colouring is so beautiful and your niece will love this piece! It was so great having you as the Time Out GD this fortnight! Jill

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow! What a piece of art! Your coloring skills are amazing!

    ReplyDelete