Wednesday 27 January 2016

Guest at Yana Smakula

Hello Friends,

Today I have something very very special to share. My very talented, and all-so-sweet-inside-out- team mate, Yana asked if I liked to guest at her YouTube channel. She asked if I would like to make a tutorial on colouring and of course I said yes! I'm always happy to help!

If you want to see my tutorial, please head over her blog or to her YouTube channel. If you haven't subscribed her channel yet, you should. :) She posts videos regularly and they are so easy to follow. Just love her work and I'm so honoured and thrilled to be in the same team with her! 

Here's the card that I made for the guest video. I made a similar one on my focus post Altenew a couple of days ago, but in this I used coloured pencils over the copics. Hopefully you'll like it! 









Supplies:
Stamps: Painted Butterflies, Birthday Greetings and Botanical Garden from Altenew.
Inks: Frosty Pink, Fayred Leaf and Buttercream Altenew Crisp Inks, Versafine Onyx Black, Shabby Shutters Distress Ink
Paper: Canson Bristol 250gms Smooth Card Stock, a stripe of green textured card stock
Sequins: Lime Sorbet and Lemon Meringue Sequins from Pretty Pink Posh, Clear SSS Sequins
Tomboy Multi Moni Liquid Glue
Ranger Mini Ink Blending Tool Copic Markers: Butterfly: Y21 -YR21 -YR23,  Flowers: RV00 - RV11- RV32 -RV92, Greens: YG91 - YG95

Faber-Castell Polychrome Pencils: 
Flowers: Pink Madder Lake (129), Light Magenta (119), Middle Purple Pink (125), Ivory (103), White (101)
Greens: May Green (170) - Earth Yellowish (168) - Olive Green Yellowish (173) - Chromium Green Opaque (174)
Butterfly: Raw Umber (180) - Green Gold (268) - Naples Yellow (185) - Dark Naples Ochre (184), Black (199)

Thank you so much for visiting! See you soon!

Hugs,
Marika

21 comments:

  1. Hello Marika: This card is beyond gorgeous, I love it when you do your NO LINE coloring, it's always stunning.
    I was wondering if you could tell me how you ink up your stamp so the lines wont be seen? In this case, did you ink it up with a soft yellow or a soft green or neither.
    Thank you so much for sharing your absolutely breathtaking card.
    Hugs,
    Maria.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi, Maria! So sorry that I hadn't have time to answer earlier to your question. I used Buttercream (light yellow) and Frayed Leaf (light green) inks to stamp the flowers. I have video on this on Yana's YouTube channel, it may also be helpful to see how the lines are hidden. Hopefully this helps and thank you, Maria, for always being so kind. I have snail mail leaving for you, hopefully it finds its way to you this time!

      Delete
  2. Another breathtaking card, Marika. I'm off to watch you now. Actually, I could watch your color all day long. I find your videos mesmerizing.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is so stunningly gorgeous! And congrats on the invite!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Heading over to take a peek, your card looks amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your card is just so beautiful. I love your style and I am going to try the Copic/coloured pencil idea. It looks like fun! Thanks so much for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a Beautiful Card! I would hang this one proudly on the wall as it is truly a work of art!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I could sit and watch you color all day. This card is just gorgeous. đź’–đź’–đź’–

    ReplyDelete
  8. Another brilliant creation!

    ReplyDelete
  9. What a gorgeous card! Marika always does an amazing job with her coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I'm always in awe of your colouring, Marika - yet another gorgeous creation!

    ReplyDelete
  11. You know the drill ... coffee in hand, away I go!
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  12. Mind blown! Your photography analogy is perfect, Marika! I use Adobe to add brightness, bump up the medium tones, and deepen shadows - you, my friend have that ability right in your finger tips! Gorgeous card ... OUtstanding video, as always! xxoo
    =]

    ReplyDelete
  13. This is amazing! I love the colours and the floral scene you've created. It's beautiful. Must check out your video later. Xx

    ReplyDelete
  14. I was unable to locate your video, Marika, I still love this card.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Thank you, thank you, thank you for sharing your skills. Always amazed at how real your images look.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Simply wonderful! Thank you for a great video and demonstration of your incredible talent :-)

    ReplyDelete
  17. I always enjoy your video's, Marika and I'm definitely off to watch this one!!! And your card is another work of art - so beautiful!!!
    Have a great weekend!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. I love all the colors, sequins, and the ribbon on the bottom!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Hei Marika!
    Mulla on ollut tämä Sinun blogisi oman blogini kaverilistassa vaikka kuinka kauan. Olen aina ihaillut upeita korttejasi ja sitä tekniikkaa jolla niitä teet.
    Nyt vasta oikein ajatuksen kanssa rupesin käymään blogiasi läpi ja toinen toistaan upeampia kortteja tuli näkyviin.
    Ihailen sitä tyylikkyyttä ja näkemystä mikä niistä löytyy.
    Juuri se ettei kortteja tarvitse tupata täyteen kaikenmaailman härpäkettä, kukkia ym koristeita.
    Omat korttini ovat juuri niitä perinteisiä koristepläjäyksiä.
    Sain valtavan inspiraation kokeilla itsekin tuollaista hillitympää.
    Kiitos inspiraatiosta ja hyvää talven jatkoa ja lisää kauniita kortteja!

    ReplyDelete
  20. I always like everything you do.

    ReplyDelete