Tuesday 28 July 2015

Blueberries in a Golden Garden

Hello Friends,

It is my turn to host Altenew's blog today. On the next week and so, we are having focus posts at the Altenew blog. Each design team member features a newly released stamp set and shows different ways to use. So much inspiration and a lot of fun techniques. Today is my turn so here are my cards:



Stamps used: Golden Garden and Baby Zoo

It is a blueberry season here in Finland it seems I see them everywhere. I created this card with the Golden Garden set. Since there is only one "blueberry" image, I used mirror stamping technique to get the mirror image and more natural look to my card. I try to explain it in my tutorial. You can watch it here or in HD in YouTube.



Supplies:
Stamps: Golden Garden and Baby Zoo by Altenew
Inks: Memento Tuxedo Black, Altenew Crisp Dye Ink: Jet Black
Paper: Neenah Solar White 80lb, SSS Olive Card Stock, Balck and Light Blue Texured Card Stock by Papermani
Copics used: BV20 - BV23 - BV25 - BV29 (blue), YG91 - YG95 (green)

For my second card, I stayed in my comfort zone. I stamped and coloured, did a bit of masking and then to retain some contrast and to add little interest I doodled around my flowers and leaves with a black marker. Here's the card:


Stamps used: Golden Garden, Halftone Hello and co-ordinationg die
and Sentiments and quotes.
Supplies:
Stamps and dies: Golden Garden, Halftone Hello and co-ordinationg die and Sentiments and quotes by Altenew
Inks: Altenew Crisp Dye Inks: Frosty Pink, Frayed Leaf and Grapevine, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: Neenah Solar White 80lb, Red Textured Card Stock from Papermania, Black card stock
Copics: R81 - RV34 (pink), YG91 - YG95 (green)
Black Copic Multiliner 0.1


For my third card I went to a different direction. My first thought was to make a white-on-white wedding card but the idea grew while creating. A few weeks back, there was this awesome sketch by Michelle Williams at the CTS. At that time I didn't have time to play along but I wanted to use the sketch sometime. This card is created inspired by Michelle's awesome sketch:


Stamps used: Golden Garden, Baby Zoo and Ori Kami.

Supplies:
Stamps: Golden Garden, Baby Zoo and Ori Kami
Inks: Altenew Crisp Inks: Forsty Pink and Coral Berry, Versafine Onyx Black
Paper: WHSmith Linen Paper, Silver Glitter Paper by Primeco
SSS White Iris Sequins
Superfine Silver Embossing Powder by Ranger

Thank you for stopping by today! See you soon!

Marika

30 comments:

  1. After I picked myself off the floor...I began drooling over your amazing card designs. They are so beautiful and serene. Amazing work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sinulla on aivan ihanat kortit, olet taitava!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I just gave a deep sigh... and said..." she makes the most beautiful things!"

    ReplyDelete
  4. I'm so glad I ordered from Altenew's new release! I can't wait to try your cards, I hope you don't mind if I try to make them. They are absolutely amazing in every way. I just am in awe of your talent. Thank you for sharing your cards with us. Truly inspiring and they bring beauty to my life.

    ReplyDelete
  5. These are just beautiful. I love your middle one the best (although they are all amazing!), I think because it's red and that's my colour. Shallow, I know! Xx

    ReplyDelete
  6. Wow, Marika! I can only echo all the other commenters: amazing! stunning! beautiful! gorgeous! Thank you for sharing.

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are all extremely beautiful Marika and show off these Altenew stamps to their best advantage. I love them all but the pretty pink flowers on the second one and the background dark red is gorgeous. x

    ReplyDelete
  8. Such gorgeous creations Marika! I love how elegant they all are!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Visiting your blog just makes my heart smile, Marika! It's blueberry season here in Michigan, too - in fact I'm going to pick a bucket of them tomorrow. Gorgeous cards, darling girl...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marika, I always feel so enriched and inspired by your incredibly beautiful cards! Always such a pleasure to visit and learn, and watch how it all comes together. Mesmerising! Wish we had blueberry season! I have to settle for the frozen ones most of the time! Thanks for the inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Three gorgeous cards, Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Good morning, Marika! I hope you don't mind that I've come back? I treasure your videos with my morning coffee ... had to wait [though it was difficult] until this morning's cup to watch - amazing!! Your talent for creating blueberries that aren't even there? Mind blown! I'm off now - those blueberries don't magically appear in the bucket!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  13. These are gorgeous, Marika! My wish list is growing!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Good morning Marika and thank you for sharing your amazing cards and videos. I just love the dimension of the first card, how you crop it and raised the snipped image off the panel, it looks simple gorgeous.
    You are an amazing artist.
    Hugs.
    Maria Rodriguez.
    www.swimbikerunandstamp.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  15. Ciao Marika...i tuoi lavori sono MERAVIGLIOSI...complimenti sinceri...hugs Ada

    ReplyDelete
  16. Totally gorgeous, and I LOVE the colors of the middle one! Sold me!! Hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  17. Your work is amazing, Marika and always so inspiring!!!! Always such a great pleasure to come here and enjoy your fabulous cards!!!!
    Have a great day!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Gorgeous cards!! Love them all!!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Absolutely, positively STUNNING cards, Marika! In fact, I think each of them are breathtaking! Thank you so much for inspiring us with your beautiful creations...WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. WOW!! ALL of your cards are STUNNING!!!

    ReplyDelete
  21. Love looking at your gorgeous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Your cards are always unique and beautiful, Marika! I admire your stunning coloring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  23. Gorgeous as usual. I think that stamp set will soon by mine.

    ReplyDelete
  24. It is delightful to watch how you go about creating your scenes. Thank you so much!

    ReplyDelete
  25. Your cards are beautiful! Thank you for the video.

    ReplyDelete