Sunday 11 January 2015

Guest Designing for Altenew - second post

Good Evening!

Hopefully you all are doing well today. A few weeks ago Tasnim from Altenew asked me to guest design for them - she asked then if I could do two posts and this is the second one. Thank you so very much for your kind comments on my cards on the first one. It really gave me enthusiasm for making these new cards as good as I can. Thank you for it! 

Last time the theme was Flowers with Watercolours. This time the theme is Craft Cardstock and Color Pencils. And perhaps the theme combining these two sets are Butterflies: I just couldn't resist using that gorgeous Painted Butterflies also this time. 


Stamp sets used: Peony Scrolls, Halftone Hello
and Painted Butterflies.

Stamp sets used: Whimsical Flowers, Label Love
and Painted Butterflies.

Stamp sets used: Lacy Scrolls, Label Love and
Painted Butterflies.
I started with stamping the sentiments using either Versamark or a black pigment ink and then heat embossed them with either Vanilla White or Clear Matt Dull embossing power. Then the main images were stamped using either white pigment ink (Lacy Scrolls, solid image) or Memento Desert Sand (outline images) and then coloured with Derwent Coloursoft Pencils or Faber-Castell Polychromos Color Pencils (greens). Since heat embossing resist the ink, I was able to stamp images after stamping the sentiment and still got the illusion that flowers and leaves are behind the sentiment. The "Love U"- card is made in different order: At first, I stamped the main images with white pigment ink and then the sentiment with black pigment in so the white shines through just a tiny bit.

Here are close-ups: 




Thank you Tasnim and Jennifer for this great opportunity to be your guest. It's been a wonderful experience. Thank you very much!

Thank you stopping by today and have a wonderful day! See you soon!

Marika

22 comments:

  1. STUNNING cards again!! You and ALTENEW make a great team:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, your cards are so elegant! Love your gorgeous coloring.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Marika, there are different kinds of jaw-dropping. There is the soft exhale and whispered wow, and then the jaw hangs open. Then there is the *THUNK* where the jaw hits the ground as if you've just attached a huge weight to you chin.

    Your cards cause the second type of jaw-dropping. It would be quite painful if I wouldn't be so stunned and captivated with your pieces of art ( I dare not call them simply "cards"). Ahhhhhhhhh-mazing. Simply gorgeous.

    Please, Altenew, if you read this: give ALL your stamps to Marika. I cannot get enough of her creations and she's a wizard with your products.

    And now I have to try this myself with the butterflies. Marika, if you ever decide to do videos, please show how you do *this*.

    <3

    ReplyDelete
  4. so very beautiful - thanks for showing us your stunning pieces of art

    ReplyDelete
  5. Another stunning collection of cards using Altenew products. Both your coloring skills and your layouts are amazing! Congrats on your second post for Altenew.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hi Marika,

    Where have you been that I did not know of you all this time? As of a few months ago I am a subscriber of your blog. If I was astounded by your watercolor cards , I am blown out of the water by these pencil ones. I love your talent, choice of color and layouts, your cards are absolutely STUNNING AND AWESOME and you make cards as I like them......with a LOT OF CLASS!!!! Keep inspiring us with your talent! I have a favor to ask of you, could you consider filming a video teaching us how to make them? I would be very grateful! Thanks and take care!

    Cariños,
    María Alba

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your colouring is gorgeous and so are you cards! Just beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beyond beautiful. I started following you after the first Altenew GDT post... You are brilliant and yes, videos please:-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. Another set of stunning cards Marika ..You are genius when it comes to coloring images :):)..You have been totally rocking these Altenew stamps..WTG ;)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Marika I think this is so beautiful! Your coloring make this flowers come alive! Amazing talent!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Truly breath taking! Your coloring is absolutely perfect! Thank you so for sharing your talent with us :)

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is so AMAZING! I don't even have words to depict all this beauty. Your cards not only make me wish for more stamps (oh yes, Altenew were so clever to let you guest design for them) they make me wish for more talent.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Marika, I was so in love with your style that I tried to copy it for one of my own cards. I'm showing it on my blog today. I hope you don't mind. I did of course praise your inspiration and linked to your blog in my post. Thanks again for having shared these awesome cards!

      Delete
  13. Marika, these cards are so amazing - I can not say more than WOW WOW WOW!!!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Oh my, these are soooo pinned... ALL of them!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Nämä on kyllä jumalaisen kauniita kortteja, taidetta suorastaan! En ole kenenkään nähnyt käyttävän näitä leimoja niin taidokkaasti kuin sun, olet melkoinen velho sekä leimojen että värityksen kanssa :) Ja mäkin komppaan tuota videotutoriaalia! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful doesn't suffice. These works of art are exquisite. The images appear to float off so the card. Stunning and oh-so-inspiring.

    ReplyDelete
  17. Amazing cards Marika, your colouring is awesome, Cathy x

    ReplyDelete
  18. Incredibly are painted flowers. Cards are beautiful.
    Regards,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  19. Wow. These notecards are absolutely stunning. Just took my breath away! You are such a talented artist!! Thank you so much for sharing!!

    ReplyDelete
  20. These are so beautiful, congrats on ur GD at Altenew,,, you totally rocked their stamps

    ReplyDelete