Sunday 30 November 2014

Inkspirational Challenge #70, Muse Challenge #95 and Merry Monday Card Challenge #136

Good Morning All!

This is my entry to the Merry Monday Card Challenge #136.

My entry to the Inkspirational #70 Designer's Choice and
to the Muse Challenge #95- challenge.


Inspiration for these cards comes from the Muse Challenge. Caroline's card from KISS - Keep It Sweet and Simple is just wonderful wintery scened card. I love to make scenery cards so this was no exception that I wanted to participate. I don't have a tag die (yet) so I ended up making the background scene and then popping up the main image onto the front card panel. 

All the stamps are from Purple Onion Designs and I coloured the main images onto a watercolour paper with Derwent Inktense Pencils and fussy cut them out. For the background I used London Fog ink to stamp the image to get the illusion that they are more further away on the back. I coloured them with Derwent Coloursoft Pencils and for the sky I used Distress Inks: Spung Sugar and Dusty Concord and Memento Lulu Lavender. To create a illusion of snowbanks I added Versamark pen to stamped image and then added Vintage Champagne Embossing powder and heat set it. 

Here is the close-up where you can see the snowbanks and the glitter on there better.


I will link the snowman card to Merry Monday Card Challenge #136. I am bending the rules a bit, the background sky needed some dimension so I added a hint of purple. And pink is just light red, right? :) I will link the bunny card to the Inkspirational #70 Designers Choice Christmas with a twist. Unfortunately, I had to add a hint a green so I don't qualify for the drawing. And I will link this also to the Muse Challenge #95 - my inspiration from the inspiration card is to make a wintery scened Christmas card. 

Here are the challenges' graphics:



Thank you for stopping by today! I am on a holiday for the next two weeks with my family so I am forced to take break from blogging also. :) Have a wonderful day and see you again in two weeks time.

Marika 

28 comments:

  1. Your cards are stunning - I love them both:) hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - both of these are amazing!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow, fantastic cards and coloring! Just gorgeous.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Marika!! Love these little characters... placed a Purple Onion order yesterday... Merry Christmas to me ...
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow! Your cards are just stunning.
    That purple/lilac background is so beautiful and those are just the sweetest stamps.
    Gorgeous work!
    Thanks for playing along at Muse this week.
    Caroline xxx (Muse Guest Designer)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! These cards are just stunning!! I LOVE the background sky and how you painted those darling stamped images!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow your cards are just stunning, the sky is just wonderful, I am so pleased to see you at Ink and congrats on your recent wins x

    ReplyDelete
  8. I am in awe of your coloring skills, Marika! You make these already adorable images come to life. Fabulous cards!

    ReplyDelete
  9. These are both adorable scenes, Marika! Love that darling snowman! Thanks for sharing with us at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Awwww...Marika, these are absolutely so darling!! Thanks for joining us at Merry Monday this week xoxoxo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love both of your cards .... sooo cute! Linda (GD Merry Monday) xx

    ReplyDelete
  12. The cards are fabulous! I love-love the sky! Thank you for the inspiration!

    ReplyDelete
  13. love the little scene that you created and the glitter :o)

    ReplyDelete
  14. That sky is amazing! Love the richness of it and the sweet images! Thanks so much for joining us at Muse!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Gorgeous cards Marika. Love your sponged sky ... the colours are amazing and really show off the other elements of your cards. Loll

    ReplyDelete
  16. These both are amazing! Great coloring, Marika. :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Stunning Marika! Makes me want to colour!

    ReplyDelete
  18. These cards are gorgeous, love the cute scenes you have created here.
    Thanks for the the lovely comments you left on my blog, I really appreciate it.:)

    ReplyDelete
  19. These are so stunning, I love the inking on the sky :) so serene and beautiful !

    ReplyDelete
  20. Hey Marika!! Your card is a winner in my book. Both of them are so pretty. Your scene and your coloring is perfect.

    ReplyDelete
  21. Hi Marika. Thank you so much for your lovely comment on my PO Three Trees card. I really appreciated it. I just had to come and see your scenes for myself. I'm so glad I did, these two cards are amazing. I love the pink sky. So different, but they DO happen when the sun is just right. I am off to see the rest of your lovely cards now! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  22. Hi Marika, I was happily suprized to see one of your projects featured on the POD blog today, too. So glad Michele chose to spotlight it, because your cards are truly amazing. I love almost every one of them. These two make no exception. They're fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  23. I will be honest. it is you I blame, or thanks -LOL!!! That I have on the black friday sale bought a TON of purple onions!!! I LOVE what you do with them, TRULY isnpiring!!!

    ReplyDelete
  24. Oh my goodness...now I HAVE to order some Purple Onion stamps! LOVE what you've done with them! AH-MAZING! Thank you for sharing these gems in the Inkspirational gallery!
    ~c

    ReplyDelete
  25. Thank you so much for your kind comment on my blog, Marika! Your cards were a huge inspiration when I shopped for POD stamps during the current sale. I admit, I skipped the christmas themes because by the time I get it, the holidays will be over, but it's fantastic to see what you did with the stamps. Absolutely stunning and lovely and I can't wait to get my new POD goodies :)

    ReplyDelete
  26. Ihania kortteja, niiiin suloisia! Tuo lumiukkoa halaava pupu on söötti :)

    ReplyDelete
  27. Marika, I can't stop looking! You do this little scenes so beautifully!
    Stunning work!

    ReplyDelete
  28. This is incredible and I had to stop and tell you so!!! I am in awe!!

    ReplyDelete