Monday 24 November 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #101, Less is More #199 and Uniko Studio Challenge #16.

Good Evening!


This is my entry to the CAS(E) this Sketch #101, Less is More #199
and Uniko Studio Challenge #16.

I am a mother of two little girls and that means that in our circle of friends there are many  little girls and boys as well. That is the main reason why my cards mainly are "children friendly" and have cute critters and so on them. I want to make cards that recipients would like - and that's why you'll see a lot of pink and glitter in the beginning of next year when I start to make a new set of birthday cards for my daughter's friends.. :) But this time I wanted to make something that would please an adults eye. Maybe, at least my daughter didn't like this (It wasn't pink, was the main reason!) so that is a start. I used the sketch from CAS(E) this Sketch. 

The rose buds and leaves are from Sketchy Rose by Altenew. I watercolored them with distress inks: Fired Brick and Peeled Paint. After colouring I took my Versamark pen and went through some areas and then added Clear Sparkle Embossing Powder and heat set it. You can see it better in the close-up below. Die cuts are from Marianne Design, I die cut them out off craft cardstock and added a little bit depth with Gathered Twigs Distress ink. The sentiment is from Purple Onion Designs. I needed to ground my "Christmas bouquet" into something so I added a little bit of Antique Linen onto the background.



I will link this card to the CAS(E) this Sketch #101 since I used their sketch to make this. To the Less is More #199 - Anything Christmassy. Hopefully this card still is CAS, I am not sure and to the Uniko Studio Challenge #16 - Christmas, Anything goes.

Here are challenges' graphics:



Thank you for stopping by today! And Thank you if you have the time to leave me a comment. They are always appreciated. Have a Wonderful day!

Marika

21 comments:

  1. Voi elämä tuota sun väritystaitoa, nuo ruusunnuput näyttää niin aidoilta! Upea kortti!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is beautiful! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful card, Marika! I love your fabulous colouring and the soft glow behind the roses. Lovely texture with the bow too :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wondeful Marika, the rose buds are painted so beautifully and the touch of embossing gives them a lovely dew look. This would be perfect for Time Out challenge and so pleased you joined us at Uniko x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh my goodness, this is simply gorgeous! I love the arrangement and your coloring is fabulous!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Such a pretty and elegant card. Thank you so much for joining in the Uniko Challenge this month

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is really pretty, I love the twinkle!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  8. Excuse me, while I pick my jaw up off the floor. Holy smokes lady!! This is stunning. Just stunning. Seriously, stunning. I'm going to say stunning one more times just to get the point across.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Goodness, what a stunningly coloured creation, awesome work Marika!
    Thank you for joining us at Less is More this week
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  10. This is so beautiful and elegant Marika and incredible attention to details.
    Great challenge combo too
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  11. Beautiful card!!! Love the watercolours!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Creating a truly wonderful thing. Thank you for the inspiration.
    Hugs, Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous card Marika. Love the rose buds and the fantastic coloring. The arrangement of elements is amazing.

    ReplyDelete
  14. So pretty :) I love the glow behind the elements

    ReplyDelete
  15. Totally blown away by this gorgeous card Marika! The pine cones and branches are beautiful in their own right, but the addition of the rose buds is a fabulous touch. That lovely glow in the background, is just fabulous! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  16. Beautiful card Marika! Your floral arrangement has such amazing depth - whatever adult you give this card to will be very lucky to receive it :)

    ReplyDelete
  17. Oh my, WOW! Your colouring is unbelievable! What a telent! I at first thought it was printed elements, cut out, my goodness, if I was the recipient i'd have to frame it! Gorgeous! Hazel xx

    ReplyDelete
  18. Wow!
    Another jaw dropping creation!

    ReplyDelete