Wednesday, 19 November 2014

Less Is More #198 - More than one tree

Good Afternoon Everyone!


My entry to the "Less is More" #198 -
More than one tree- challenge.

Well, I will enter this card to one of challenges since it's been quite a challenge for me. I started to make this card for the past week's Muse but it never made it there. Firstly, I've been watching Therese Calvird's tutorials with my girl for a while now. She is amazing with Prismacolors and blending them with gamsol. My crafting friend brought me a bottle of similar stuff for me to use blending with my Derwent Coloursofts. Well, what seems to be very easy thing on those wonderful tutorials, isn't that easy in real life - at least not for me. I also need to buy better greens, my set of pencils had such an awful set of greens. Secondly, that sentiment is my third tryout, the first two were not publishable. Thirdly, when I looked at the gallery of the this week's challenge at Less is more, there is almost similar card already made for this challenge, but I will link this anyhow since I am not copying or CASEing it since this card has been sitting on my desk for about two weeks now awaiting me to come up with something for the sentiment part.

The theme at the "Less is More" #198 is More than one tree. The stamps used in this card are from Purple Onion Designs.

Thank you for stopping by today and thank you if you have time to leave a comment. I am always pleased to hear what you think. Have a wonderful day! 

Marika

13 comments:

  1. I think it's lovely! You can't see that it gave you such a hard time.
    Hugs
    Ela

    ReplyDelete
  2. So adorable Marika, coloured so well and so perfectly CAS, why not enter it in to Uniko Anything Goes challenge, I have just joined the DT and there are Uniko stamps up for grabs and you can use any stamp to enter, this card would be perfect. Here is the link
    http://unikostudio.blogspot.co.uk/2014/11/uniko-studio-challenge-no-16-christmas.html
    Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love these quirky trees, it's a tremendous card!
    Thanks so much
    Chrissie
    "Less is More"

    ReplyDelete
  4. These trees are just so cute and your colouring is great! It can be really frustrating when you don't have the right shades in a set of pens or pencils but I love this :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Great CAS card .... I think you're being a bit hard on yourself about your colouring! Though I must confess I find the watercolour pencils so much easier to use. Thanks for your nice comment on my Horsey Christmas card, I only have a couple of pencils so I reckon the dark brown colour on his mane was 'bark'.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute and fun card Marika.
    Love the layout and that stamp is so modern.
    Thanks so much for sharing and taking part.
    Sarah xx
    Less is More

    ReplyDelete
  7. These are such fun trees. I really like your card.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Marika I love this tree stamp, gorgeous, great card too
    Thank you so much for joining us at Less is More
    Anne
    LIM Designer

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow. The next wonderful card. Cool colors, so modern.
    hugs,
    Bozena

    ReplyDelete
  10. Beautifully CAS Marika! Don't knock the colours, they are YOUR colours and as such, are perfect! xxx

    ReplyDelete