Friday 7 November 2014

Merry Monday Christmas Challenge #133

Good Morning!


My entry to the Merry Monday Card Challenge #133.
This card got Honourable Mention at the challenge.

Well, it's time for another Holiday card. This time I wanted to participate in the Merry Monday Card Challenge. This week the theme is to make a rustic looking card using creams, tans and browns. 

I've had this die from Marianne Design but I haven't used it yet. I diecut it out from white watercolour paper and then added shading with Derwent Inktense Pencils. I inked the background with Distress Inks: Walnut Stain, Gathered Twigs, Rusty Hinge and then used a little bit Memento Cantaloupe. Here is the part that I may have broken to rules but I needed some interest on the background so I added a little bit orange and yellow. Hopefully that's okay. The snow is Vintage Champagne Embossing Powder and in the sky there are some stars made with Clear Sparkling Embossing Powder. Unfortunately, they are not seen very well.

Here is the challenge's graphic:


Thank you for stopping by today! Have a Wonderful Day! 

Marika

10 comments:

  1. Marika, what a stunning card, the sky is beautifully done! I love the way you added colour to the die cut with the pencils, you got a wonderful effect!
    Ruth x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow, just Wow!!! So gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow! Amazing background, it glows with celestial light. And those little buildings make the perfect Christmas scene.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Voi wau, tuo taivas on upea!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stunning card Marika, this is a wonderful wintery scene. Thank you for joining us for Merry Monday this week.

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!! This is STUNNING!!! I love your winter scene and how you created that intense sky in the background. Beautiful work!

    ReplyDelete
  7. stunning card, love the beautiful winter scene!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Holyareyoufreakingkiddingme!!!! This is a mini masterpiece. Seriously, frame it.

    ReplyDelete