Tuesday 24 March 2015

A rose for Her

Hello Everyone!

Today is my first DT post at Altenew blog and I am beyond excited about it. I thought about it a lot what to make and I decided to go for a little older stamp set and used Sketchy Rose as the focal point of my card. So here it is:


Stamps used: Sketchy Rose, Wood Pallet Background
and Birthday Greetings

I started with stamping the flower, the stem and the leaves from Sketchy Rose set with light water soluble ink onto a watercolour paper. I watercolored the rose with Distress Inks. Before cutting the rose I stamped the flower again with Versamark and heat embossed it with Golden Highlight embossing powder to get more interest. Then, the rose was cut with scissors and a craft knife. I used Versamark to ink up the Wood Pallet Background stamp and stamped it onto a little smaller peace of white card stock. The background was then heat embossed with White Pearl embossing powder. The sentiment is from the Birthday Greetings set and was inked with black pigment ink onto a peace of textured card stock.

Here is a close-up from the rose:



Supplies:
Stamps: Sketchy Rose, Wood Pallet Background and Birthday Greetings by Altenew
Inks: Spiced Marmelade, Gathered Twigs and Peeled Paint Distress Inks, Versafine Onyx Black
Card stock: Canson Watercolour Paper 180g/m2, Neenah Solar White 80b, WHSmith Linen Effect Paper 150g/m2
Embossing Powder: White Pearl Regular and Clear Golden Highlight by WOW!
Scotch Foam Tape
Scotch ATG and tape

Tools:
Hanart Watercolour Brush no.0
Acrylic blocks
Paper Trimmer

I start to make video tutorials next month for Altenew's blog and I would more than appreciate if you could let me know if there is a particular technique or colouring medium that you would like me to feature in those videos. Please leave your requests in the comments below and I try to make them come true. Thanks again and see you soon!

Marika

12 comments:

  1. Upea on tästä taideteoksesta ihan liian pliisu ilmaus... =)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Your card is so elegant! I'm sure whatever technique you choose to video tape will be much appreciated as your work is just so gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow - again, great card! I love how you manage to get this realistic look!!! Yay, a video!!! I would love to see how you color one of these flowers like this rose for example and also one where you used colored pencils on kraft or darker cardstock...
    greets Nicole

    ReplyDelete
  4. Had to pop over to your blog from Altenew as this is such a beautiful rose and a stunning creation, look forward to your videos x

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely LOVE the leaf out by the sentiment Marika! Super watercoloring:)

    ReplyDelete
  6. WOW!!! So in LOVE with this card!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Marika, I love the rose, it's color and sparkle, too. You mentioned videos? I'd love to see you color one of the darling Purple Onion characters you do so well... I'm just learning!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  8. Beautiful cards to see here!
    Christine

    ReplyDelete
  9. Beautiful! I look forward to any video from you.

    ReplyDelete
  10. I´m speechless !!!!
    great respect for this stunning rose --- I love it !!!!
    CU hellerlittle

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, Marika, I LOVE your stunning rose!!!!

    ReplyDelete