Monday 23 March 2015

ColourQ Card Challenge #283 and Time Out Challenge #27.

Good Morning!


This is my entry to the ColourQ Card Challenge #283 and 
to the Time Out Challenge #27.
This card got ColourQ Courtier at the challenge.
Here is a close-up of a mother mouse.
On Saturday I had time to craft and I went through some challenge blogs to get inspiration. I wanted to colour and I found the colours at ColourQ very very pretty and they fit very well for the idea that I had in mind. A very good friend of mine is expecting her first child and I wanted to make a card for her. Well, I know you shouldn't brake the illusion of the future mothers that the fact of having children isn't always only tickling little toes and looking at them sleeping smilingly.. Unfortunately children grow much faster than we really realize and those snuffling little swagglings aren't so tiny for long and they turn into these "little smiling and adorable perishers". At least one of them lives in our household and does what little mouse is doing in the card - every day! I really thought these two stamps work so very well together to create this scene - so familiar for us.

I stamped images from Purple Onion Designs with light brown ink. I should have chosen a light gray ink but I wasn't thinking at the time. I watercolored the scene with my Inktense Pencils. To finish the card, I adhered a lime card stock underneath and stamped the sentiment with black pigment ink.

I will enter this into these Challenges:
ColourQ Challenge #283 - Basic Black, Going Gray, Kraft, Kiwi Kiss + neutral
Time Out Challenge #27 - CAS with optional twist of plash of one colour - mine is only CAS

Here are the graphics' :




Supplies:
Stamps: Wishing, Charlotte and Blossoming Perch by Stacey Yacula from Purple Onion Designs, Birthday Greetings by Altenew
Inks: Mementon Desert Sand and Versafine Onyx Black
Derwent Inktense Pencils: Spring Green (1550) Light Olive (1540) Fern (1560) Sun Yellow (0200) Saddle Brown (1740) Willow (1900) Indian Ink (2020) 
Derwent Metallic Pencils: Pewter (81)
Card Stock: Canson Mix Media 200g/m2, Primeco 220g/m2 Olive card stock
Copic Multi Liner Black 0.1, Copic Multi Liner Gray 0.3


Tools:
Derwent Waterbrush no.2
Acrylic blocks
Paper trimmer
Stamp-a-magic
Scotch ATG & tape

Thank you for stopping by today. See you soon!

Marika

21 comments:

  1. LOVE your gorgeous card and your design is stunning:) Hugs xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow Marika, this mummy-mouse looks so fluffy :-)
    Great coloring - great card!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Adorable! Way to Rock the colors :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love this to bits :) ..Its soo adorable and your coloring is simply awesome !!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Beautiful card! I love how you used the images to create a little scene. Gorgeous coloring!

    ReplyDelete
  6. A really sweet card using drab colors.........oh my lovely.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a cute card, Marika! Beautiful depth on the colouring and such a great scene. Great to see you at Time Out :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh so cute... and very true, Marika!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  9. I love the colors and your coloring is wonderful! How DID you make "mommy" so fluffy? :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. So totally adorable Marika.

    ReplyDelete
  11. So totally adorable, I have just discovered your blog and I have to say I am blown away by your colouring skills, that mother mouse is actually "fluffy", awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Oh my! This card is a work of art! I just LOVE it:)

    ReplyDelete
  13. Gorgeous Marika! You are a talented artist!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow! This is just beautiful - I'd be framing this if I received it Marika...your colouring is just beautiful..you've captured the fluffy fur absolutely perfectly!

    ReplyDelete
  15. Oh Marika!! This is STUNNING!! I LOVE your coloring on this card. Those bunnies are just adorable. Fabulous design.

    ReplyDelete
  16. Ohhhh! This is so gorgeous! I really love this card and the way you coloured it. I came over from colourQ where I saw your card displayed.
    Creative regards from stempelfrida
    http://stempelfrida.blogspot.de

    ReplyDelete
  17. What beautiful colouring! A perfect card for an expecting mother. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  18. So very, very cute and cleverly done, Marika!!!! Your watercolouring is fantastic!!!

    ReplyDelete