Tuesday 17 March 2015

Paper Players Challenge #236 and Fusion Card Challenge - Floral Fusion

Hello Everyone!

Today I am back with this card that I made for a few challenges in mind.


This is my entry to the Paper Players Challenge #236 and
to the Fusion Card Challenge- Floral Fusion.

Last week when I looked up current challenges there where just amazing inspiration pictures: flowers, violets, purples and more flowers. All where yelling at me, make me into a card. Unfortunately I missed the deadline at Card Concept even though that beautiful flower bouquet really inspired me to use this Sketchy Rose for my card. I also took the colours from Fusion challenge and at the Paper Players there is going on a floral challenge and the DT over there has made such a beautiful cards.

I started with stamping the rose from Sketchy Rose and the biggest butterfly Painted Butterflies onto a white card stock with light grey ink. I just purchased my first copics and I have been playing with them for a about a week now. It was very difficult at first but then I kinda got hang of it but still lot to be learn. The butterfly was then cut with scissors and adhered with liquid glue and foam tape onto the front panel of the card. I die cut the "Hello"-window with Halftone Hello die and stamped the sentiments with black pigment ink. Sentiments are from Halftone Hello and Sketchy Rose sets. 



Here is what this card looks inside.
I will enter this into these challenges:
Fusion Card Challenge - Floral Fusion: I was inspired by beautiful shades of purple and flowers of course.

Here are the graphics:



Supplies:
Dies: Halftone Hallo die by Altenew
Copic Markers: RV91, RV93, RV95, RV99, YG91, YG95, YG97, YG99, W1, W3, W5, W7
Card Stock: Neenah Solar White 80lb
Inks: Memento London Fog, Versafine Onyx Black
Card Base: Papermania A6 300gsm

Tools:
Acrylic blocks
Paper trimmer
Tomboy Multi Liquid Glue
Scotch Foam Tape
Scotch ATG & tape

Thanks for stopping by today! Have a lovely day!

Marika

20 comments:

  1. your coloring is stunning as always - congrats on your well-deserved Altenew DT spot

    ReplyDelete
  2. Uijuijui. Huikeaa väritystä ja ihana idea layoutiin!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Your colouring has such depth - love that you have the rose on the inside of the card behind the hello!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Wow - what amazing result after only 1 week with Copics! Amazing. Love the light and depth you have captured on the rose.

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous card! It looks like you already have mad Copic colouring skills!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The painted butterfly looks like soft feathers!! Love how the rose can be seen through the HELLO, very clever!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Are you kidding me? Marika that is gorgeous and genius.

    ReplyDelete
  8. Oh my!! I LOVE how you did the hello die cut with that flower peeking through. Stunning design!!

    ReplyDelete
  9. I LOVE the surprise on the inside Marika!
    What a beautiful card!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Really gorgeous, Marika... I think you'll start a trend with this one. You've got such a talent for giving depth, and life with your Copics.. cannot believe you're a 'beginner' - good luck... but I don't think you'll need it!
    =] Michele

    ReplyDelete
  11. WOW, this is beautiful, Marika and so cleverly done with the rose on the inside peeking through the sentiment die!!! Your colouring is fabulous - looks as if you've been doing it for years - definitely does not look like a beginner's work!!!! Your butterfly is stunning and I love where you have placed it!!! Really lovely, Marika!!!!
    Have a great day!!!

    ReplyDelete
  12. This is such a beautiful and clever card, Marika. I can't wait to see what you do with your Copics as you get more used to them. You'll master them in no time!

    ReplyDelete
  13. Wow! I LOVE the die cut word with the image on the inside panel...beautiful!! And your coloring is fantastic! I hope I can be that good starting off (I'm sure I won't!) I love, love, love your card!! It's wonderful to see you playing along with the Paper Players, thank you!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Wow, this is absolutely beautiful. The coloring is amazing, I can't believe you just started working with copics! I love how you used the die over the rose. The whole card is so pretty. Thank you for sharing it with us.

    ReplyDelete
  15. Holy carp, that's the INSIDE?!! You never cease to amaze me, Marika! This is outstanding!! Hugs, Darnell

    ReplyDelete
  16. Stunning is the word :) Love this beauty!!

    ReplyDelete
  17. If this is you as a beginner Copic colorer, I can't wait to see what you create when you become an expert! Wow, stunning is right! Your coloring is amazing, and I love how the blossom peeks through the die cut sentiment. So glad you joined us this week at The Paper Players, Marika!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Just STUNNING Marika - a FABULOUS addition to Altenew DT too! So happy you joined in the fun @ FUSION - hope to see you again soon!

    ReplyDelete
  19. Your coloring needs improvement? Um, WHAT?! Holy smokes, your coloring is amazing!! I love how that flower peeks through the sentiment!!

    ReplyDelete