Friday 3 October 2014

CAS(E) this Sketch #95

Good evening everyone!


My entry for the CAS(E) this Sketch #95.

This is my second post for today. This time I will share my card for the CAS(E) this Sketch. Today I wanted to follow the sketch precisely - or at least that was the plan. Being loyal to my true nature, I just had to flip the sketch and the sentiment - I just can't do what I am told. I always have to add something on my own and that might not be a good thing in this challenge anyway. :) 

My focal point in this card is a magnolia from Altenew stamp set called Magnolias for her. The sentiment is also from the same stamp set and I stamped it with Versafine Toffee ink. I coloured the flower with Distress Inks: Antique Linen for the main colour and added some shading with Rusty Hinge and Gathered Twigs. For the background I die cut a ripe from Neenah desert storm card stock with some border die. I added a few "leaves" made from paper twine. I also sponged some Antique Linen for the edges to give some detail.

This is the sketch for this week's challenge. 



Thank you for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day and happy crafting!

Marika

5 comments:

  1. This is GORGEOUS! Your coloring of the magnolia is amazing! Thanks for playing along with this week's CTS.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Holy smokes lady! That flower is stunning!! Let me pick my jaw up off the floor.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is gorgeous Marika! I love the way you coloured the magnolia.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh, that flower is amazing! So gorgeous! Wonderful take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete