Friday 3 October 2014

The Card Concept #20 - Color Challenge

Good morning to all!


My entry for the Card Concept #20- challenge.
This card was one of the winners in the challenge.

Today I have card that I made yesterday for the Card Concept #20- Challenge. It's theme is black, white and orange and I was inspired by the colours and the tablecloth in the picture. The inspiration picture is shown below. This time I wanted to try out the Clean and Simple- style. Usually I have a coloured image in my cards - this time I just sponged the Sizzix's die cut butterfly with Distress inks to be the focal point of my card. I used Mustard seed, Spiced Marmalade and Fired brick Distress inks. I needed something to ground my butterfly, so I die cut with some border die the square and inked it up with Versamark and added some Black glitter embossing power by Papermania and heat set it. I did the same for the thin black border to get some interest on the edge. The little pieces are from the wings of the butterfly which I just tried to position randomly. The sentiment is from Magnolias for Her by Altenew. I think this card came to have some attitude and this is quite different that I've done but I kind of like it more every time I look at the card. I will enter this card for the Clean and Simple category at the Card Consept.


Thank you for stopping by and thank you for your lovely comments on my cards. They make me smile every time I read them. Have a wonderful day and Happy crafting!

Marika

8 comments:

  1. I love this Marika!! So simple, but so striking. I really love the little bits floating. Really captures the eye in the right way. Gorgeous! Thanks for playing with The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Gorgeous! Your distress inking is beautiful!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love your card...just beautiful and I love that you used the pieces from your butterfly. So creative. Thank you so much for playing along with us at The Card Concept.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a striking card and really really beautiful! x

    ReplyDelete
  5. A fabulous card Marika! That butterfly is breathtakingly beautiful!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Very pretty card! I love the butterfly!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow - this is such a beautiful clean card! Thanks for joining us at The Card Concept!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I knew this was a winning card!
    Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete