Saturday 18 October 2014

Penguins from Purple Onion Designs

Good Afternoon!

My entry to the Merry Monday Christmas Card Challenge #130 
and to the ColourQ Challenge #263.

This card got ColourQ Courtier from ColourQ Challenge.

I got this card idea when my older daughter was watching The Octonauts this one day. In that episode, it was Christmas time and the Octonauts visited Peso's (the penguin in the show) family in the Antarctic. Peso introduced his "family" which consisted many many relatives. I thought they looked so cute when they were all standing in a huge circle-like-shape - everyone looking a little bit different from one another. Isn't that what happens during Christmas time when family gathers together. The stamp is called Frost from Purple Onion Designs.

I found this perfect challenge for me called Merry Monday Christmas Challenge. I've been participating these different challenges to make Christmas cards. When it comes to the time to post them, I am always short of them, so this year I started early. LOL! It's theme this week is Silent Night evoking the calm, peaceful feeling of silent night before Christmas! The challenge's graphics are shown below. For me, the night before Christmas includes also the excited joy of the children when they know that the Christmas is just One night away! And that was the feeling that I also wanted to express with the penguins in this card. For background I tried to create a scene from here near Arctic during the cold and dark Christmas time. I know that penguins live in the antarctic, so that is a little bit controversial but isn't this just card making - it doesn't have to be real, right? Here's a close up from the little glitter that I added to mark the shine from the moon. I am also entering this card for the ColourQ Challenge #263, the color theme is based on their challenge.  



Here are the graphics for the challenges.


Does it ever happen to you that when you start to do something, you'll get company and you'l end up being an assistant. Well, that happens often in our household and here are some results from that craft date. These cards are for my daughter's friends, who just turned four. Like you can see, I helped with the cutting and gluing, but the design, colour theme and sentiment stamping is made by herself and a few days earlier she made that water coloured background. My daughter is 3.5 years old. The stamps are from Gorjuss. 


Thank you for stopping by. Happy crafting!

Marika

12 comments:

  1. Firstly... I adore those penguins! I just want to hug them! Your card is a perfect little piece of art. Great inking...and fabulous use of the colors!
    Secondly... hats of for the girls art! The REALLY did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, my! This is absolutely precious! I do love me some penguins! Beautiful "Silent Night" themed card!

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable, love the penguins and the trees.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I just love your little group of penguins all waiting expectantly! Adorable card! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL, I love your little penguin family....and the little scene you've created as well! Adorable! Thanks for participating in my Merry Monday challenge this week!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Just brilliant! And I love how you've got the idea from Octonauts...I really must watch more closely next time! Thanks for playing along at Colour Q!

    ReplyDelete
  7. All that colouring and fussy cutting, Oh My, this card is incredible!

    ReplyDelete
  8. So sweet, love these little guys and your black and white background looks great! Thanks for joining us this week at Merry Monday!

    ReplyDelete
  9. So cute, Marika! These little guys are absolutely adorable, and I love what you did with them. Thanks for playing along with the Merry Monday Silent Night challenge.

    ReplyDelete
  10. What a cute Christmas card, Marika! Thanks for joining in the fun at the colourQ.

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my goodness what a CUTE CUTE card, I love this! Thanks so much for joining us at the ColourQ!

    ReplyDelete
  12. Wow, what a fabulous penguin scene! These little guys are sooo cute. And please give a big applause to your daughter for her wonderful Gorjuss designs. What an amazing eye for color she has. My girl just turned five and she too loves to join me at my craft table. Mostly, I also end making endless cards for her and none for me ;) But I cheerish the time I'm allowed to spend with her. She's growing much to fast.

    ReplyDelete