Tuesday 21 October 2014

Merry Monday #131- challenge

Good Afternoon everyone! 

My entry to the Merry Monday #131- challenge.

Today I want to share this card that I made with my daughter, who is three and half years old. This week's theme at Merry Monday #131- challenge is Non-traditional colours. I've had this idea of a snowhill with these cute little images from Purple Onion Designs. I've coloured them a while a go but I had trouple with the background. I just couldn't get it the way I wanted and then I had an idea! I taped a piece of watercolour paper on to a table and gave a brush and three colours of Distress Inks to my older daughter - the master of looseness, wild imagination and chaos! She had tons of fun and the mess wasn't that bad at all. After she had laid down the colours, we sprinkled sea salt on top of the paper to give the spots and let it dry its own. And there it was - my perfect background! 

The distress inks used: Chipped Sapphire, Stormy Sky and Faded Jeans. All the images are from Purple Onion Designs. I coloured them with Derwent Inktense Pencils.

Challenge's graphic is here and I would say my colours in this card are non-traditional for Christmas since there isn't any gold... :) 





Thank you for stopping by today and Have a wonderful day! 

Marika

13 comments:

  1. Oh, I just love this adorable card! Such a cute, and beautifully coloured, image and love your snow-covered trees against that beautiful background. How genius of you to get your three year old to help out! Fabulous, I love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a cute card! I just love your background. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ah...I keep looking at these cute stamps...your card is wonderful. Saw you via Merry Monday. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. the stamps are very cute :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Looseness, wild imagination and chaos made to perfection!! You made an awesome card togehter!!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the background, great card! Purple Onion has some of my favorite little animals.

    ReplyDelete
  7. You do cute cards just as great as stylish & elegant cards!

    ReplyDelete
  8. It is wonderful to craft with your daughter. This card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Huippusöötti... Ja kiva kun tyttökin pääsi mukaan. Tuota suolatekniikkaa en ole kokeillutkaan, täytyy testata!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Ctue images for the challenge and a lovely background!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Love your card. YOur stamp is adorable! Vava

    ReplyDelete
  12. You totally nailed the concept of watercoloring - just let go and be loose - something I struggle with :) You and your daughter have made a beautiful card! Thanks so much for joining us at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Love these Purple Onion stamps and the background is fantastic, adorable holiday card. Thanks for sharing at Merry Monday.

    ReplyDelete