Monday 20 October 2014

Mama Elephant October Challenge and Color Throwdown #314- Challenge

Good Morning all! 

Firstly, I want to thank all of you who has given me such kind comments on my previous cards. I've read all of your comments many times and they really have made my day! Thank you! 


This is my entry to the  Mama Elephant: October Challenge 


This card was shortlisted  in the Color Throwdown.

I've been seeing these CAS cards that have a square or a circle behind the image. I really like the simple background what that creates so I wanted to try out myself. When I saw the colours of this week's Colour Throwdown #314 Challenge I know I wanted to use Mama Elephant's Up and Away set and make this really sweet card. 

I stamped the images with very light Distress Ink and coloured them with Derwent Inktense Pencils. I didn't want those black lines to show. I didn't know that balloons are so difficult to colour - now I know! LOL!  I added some white Derwent Coloursoft white pencil and Wink of Stella glitter pen to highlight the reflection from the balloons. For the background I used Memento Cantaloupe and Fried Brick Distress Ink and inked the masked square. For the Mama Elephant's sentiment I used Versafine Onyx Black.

In real life the colours of the balloons look more the colours of the challenge - I don't know what happened when I took the photo. 

Since I only used Mama Elephant's products, I will enter this card to their October Challenge as well.

Here are the challenges' graphics:




Thank you for stopping by today! Have a wonderful day! 

Marika

11 comments:

  1. What a darling image and I looove your gorgeous coloring!!!!! Thanks for joining us at the Color Throwdown!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is such a wonderful, bright and happy card! It truly makes me smile!! Thanks for sharing with us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Fun card! The sentiment is perfect for this adorable image!! So glad you joined us at CTD!

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so bright and cheery! Your coloring is amazing. Thanks so much for joining us at the Color Throwdown!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gorgeous coloring and a beautiful background!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Your colouring and card are jaw droppingly fabulous! So glad you could join us at Mama Elephant & Me!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is so cute! I LOVE the colors. Great card!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I should remember this layout!
    Perfect way to anchor your focal point!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Tää on aivan ihana, niin kiva layout ja väritys.. Minulla on tämä sama leimasinsetti, harmittavan vähälle käytölle vielä jäänyt. Mutta ihku on! :)

    ReplyDelete
  10. Amazing card! Thanks so much for playing with us at Mama Elepant and Me challenge, hugs, Karin

    ReplyDelete