Friday 10 October 2014

CMCC #41 - Colour me... Striking!

Good afternoon! 


My entry to the CMCC #41- challenge.
This card got Honourable Mention in the challenge.

I had a phone call a few days ago and heard that one of friends got engaged! Wohoo! Of course, I immediately started to sketch in mind a card for her. I had this image on my mind with these two cute penguins from Purple Onion Designs sitting alone in the Antarctic in a moonlight - a little bit like us against to the hard world around us! The penguins are called Frost from Stacey Yacula Winter Wishes! Collection. I found this Color Me Card Challenge #41 and this card's colour theme is based on this week's challenge which is Cherry Coppler and Hello Honey. The challenge graphic is seen below. I coloured Frost and her husband-to-be with Derwent Inktense Pencils. I sponged the background with Pumice Stone Distress Ink. For the moon and the moon bridge I used Memento Cantaloupe ink. The sentiment was stamped by Versafine Onyx Black and the sentiment is from Tecnique Tuesday's stamp set called One of a kind. I die cut that little heart and inked it with Fired Brick distress ink and applied Glossy Accents to give some shine and dimension. For the detail, I also added a little bit Wink of Stella glitter pen for the scarf.


Thank you for stopping by today! I really like this card, hopefully it made you smile also! Happy crafting everyone!

Marika

6 comments:

  1. Hi Marika!
    So interesting to know we share (almost) the same name !
    This is another lovely creation. Cute cute image and fabulous sponged background!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, this is adorable! I love those cute little characters and your colouring is beautiful. Great use of the colours, they had me stumped this week!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my, this is truly stunning, I'm sure your friend will adore it! I know, because I had to pin it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a gorgeous card Marika - your colouring is exquisite and I'm sure your friend will love it! Thanks for joining us over at Colour Me...! this week.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, this is just too cute for words! I love how you've used the colours this week and the background is beautiful. I bet the happy couple will love this :) Thanks for sharing with us at Colour Me...! this week.

    ReplyDelete